Here is a multiple-choice quiz you can use for students who visit
this site. Answers are available by email.
1. A planetarium is a place where
a. domes are built.
b. stars are simulated.
c. telescopes are used
to take pictures
2. A geodesic dome's frequency refers to
a. the number of feet tall it is in the center.
b. the number of
different shaped triangles used.
c. the speed with which you
build planetarium domes.
3. A planetarium made with a cylinder-style projector can show all
of the following except
a. how the stars rise and set
b. the effect of latitude on the appearance
c. what the stars look like millions of years from
4. The number of triangles needed to construct a 2-frequency hemispherical
5. A planetarium is painted white on the inside because
a. it reflects dim light better.
b. it makes you able to see in
c. oops! planetariums are really black on the inside.