Objective: The student will demonstrate a knowledge of what behaviors
are appropriate in a business setting.
• Identify Need
• Introductory Activity
• Define Steps and Sequences of Skill
Behavior should be related to completing the job for which you were
2. Standards of cleanliness are high
3. Staff is well dressed or in a uniform.
4. Words used on the job may not be understood outside the setting
of the job.
5. Offensive language is not tolerated.
6. Music, art and personal possessions on display are considered
pleasant to most people.
7. Tasks at the work site may require a college education or specialized
8. Displays of affection or personal relationships are not permitted
• Model the Skill
• Classroom Discussion (Role Play Not Recommended)
• Independent Uses
White Collar Job
The Cost of Doing Business
1.5 Understand shades of meanings in related words.
2.7 Make reasonable assertions about a text through accurate, supporting
1.1 Choose the form of writing (e.g. personal letter, poem or narrative)
that best suits the intended purpose.
2.4 Offer a logical sequence of information and engage the listener, foster
an acceptance of an idea.
2.1 Understand and analyze the differences in structure and purpose between
various categories of informational materials.
1.2 Determine a speakerís attitude toward a subject.
1.6 Use speaking techniques, including voice modulation , inflection,
tempo, enunciation and eye contact for effective communication.
3.4 Analyze the relevance of the setting (e.g. place, time, customs) to
the mood, tone and meaning of text.
2.5 Present information purposely and succinctly and meet the needs of
the intended audience.
1.2 Paraphrase a speakerís purpose and point of view and ask relevant
questions concerning the speakerís content, delivery and purpose.
1.3 Organize information to achieve particular purposes by matching the
message, vocabulary, voice modulation, expression and tone to the audience
to Skills List